Thursday, May 28, 2009

DIY Victorian Favor Bag

When Paula from the Knot contacted Something Old Something New to create a DIY favor for her new blog I was ecstatic! Her blog, My DIY Wedding Day is chalk full of lovely DIY projects for you crafty brides!

I consulted with my partner (mom) and we came up with this lovely!
This project is so simple! Here is what you need:Materials:

2 3/4" x 4" cotton muslin drawstring bags (find them in bulk at Celestial Gifts on Etsy)
Rubber stamp with image of your choice (this one was customized by The Paper Princess)
Scrap of poster board or thick cardstock
Ink
Ribbon
Treats, birdseed, or whatever else you'd like to fill the bags with
Pretty embellishments (we used a vintage-ish velvet flower)

Step 1: Slip a piece of poster board or cardstock inside a muslin bag. This will keep the ink from bleeding through to the other side when you stamp.
Step 2: Stamp your image on the bag.
Step 3: Fill with your favors. Sweet treats work well for this project. You can also fill the bags with birdseed, eco-friendly confetti or something else for guests to throw at you and your partner as you exit the ceremony.
Step 4: Embellish with ribbon, flowers or whatever else you'd like.

Check out this project and more at My DIY Wedding Day!

1 comment:

Rachel Follett said...

I love what you came up with and your "what you will need photo" is really cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I am loving yours.

  •